Summary in English
Therapy for Anorexia, Bulimia & Overeating
Cliniques in Copenhagen and Helsingør
What is the Center?
- A private ambulant center that offers therapeutic help to people with eating disorders;
- A clinic with an atmosphere of empathy and support, which promotes personal progress and development;
- A place where you can be as you are; and
- A place for relatives to find information and support.
Who are the therapists?
We are graduated psychotherapists with long term experience in treating eating disorders. We work together with a range of specialists from the fields of psychology, nutrition, reflexology, relaxation therapy, art therapy and social work. We collaborate with the Danish Social Services and Health Authorities.
What kinds of treatment are available?
We work primarily through psychotherapeutic dialogue in a cognitive frame. We can supplement the dialogue with body-therapy, art-therapy and nutritional guidance. We direct the process leading to wellness and recovery through professional confidentiality and supervision.
You work with the difficult emotions that drive you to live with an eating disorder. You work on the ambivalence that, on one hand, you want a positive life and, on the other hand, you adhere to negative patterns.
Abegg & Bro offers
- An informal talk in advance
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Nutritional guidance
- Follow-up therapy
- Family therapy
- Courses for relatives
- Education and lectures
- Supervision and courses for professionals
Why is help needed?
An eating disorder undermines one’s identity, self-worth and health.
Eating disorders can command and control both individuals with eating disorders and their families. Early intervention can stem the progression of eating disorders, reducing both their personal and social effects.
How does treatment progress?
A key factor in the treatment process is confidence and understanding; these arise between the therapist, the client, the relatives and all who are touched by suffering.
- We assist our clients to develop a realistic perception of life.
- We uncover the patterns that maintain suffering.
- We guide the transition from destructive behaviours to healthy habits.
- We help attach words and images to difficult emotions.
- We work at our clients’ own pace.
Daily, 8.00-9.00 am
Tuesdays, 7.00 – 9.00 pm
Confidential services for
- Persons with eating disorders
- Parents & relatives
- Counselling and guidance for everybody
Karen Bro (+45 27 11 98 24)
Theresa Abegg (+45 27 11 98 25)
Please call for prices and information about financial support.